Alternative is changing the paradigm within B2B payments and entering a period of rapid growth in pursuit of this mission. We are working together to fix the status quo and solve the most challenging problems in the B2B space while delivering seamless, next-generation solutions to usher commercial financial infrastructure into the future.
We are searching for an experienced Finance Manager to play an integral role in expanding the scope and sophistication of our financial operations alongside senior leadership. As our first full-time finance team hire, this role is best suited for someone comfortable managing multiple work streams at once across general business accounting, budgeting, billing and collections, and laying the groundwork to grow our finance team in the months ahead as we scale the company and our best-in-class operations and product offerings.
What You Will Own
As we continue growing quickly, the scope of this position must evolve rapidly to match new market opportunities and internal financial infrastructure as they arise. The ability to anticipate increasing systems sophistication and easily adapt and respond to new information and challenges with excitement and pristine attention to detail is required. Below is a partial representation of what is included in the scope of responsibility.
- Partner with senior management to efficiently run fundraising operations, day-to-day financial operations, and build our revenue operations team
- Lead and manage all aspects of our accounting functions including coordination with our outsourced accounting team, general accounting, technical accounting, tax, and compliance in accordance with U.S. GAAP
- Oversee the accounting process for accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, credit risk assessment, underwriting, billing and collections, and capital deployment across company functions
- Translate financial data into strategic growth plans
- Develop broad financial oversight infrastructure for a quickly growing company
- Build operating budgets and forecast models for all company verticals
- Develop clear documentation for all accounting policies and manage the year-end financial audit process, when relevant
- Work closely with our tax advisors to ensure that the company complies with all federal, state, and local tax requirements, makes timely filings, and takes full advantage of applicable tax credits
What You Will Bring
- 5-7 years of experience in financial management at a fintech company, public accounting firm, and/or private equity or venture capital firm preferred. Previous experience within a lending environment preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or other relevant field (MBA, CPA or equivalent highly preferred)
- Professional accounting and controllership or public accounting and internal controls experience and/or Internal Audit or Controls and Compliance
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, SEC rules and regulations, and reporting requirements
- Strong quantitative background in financial forecasting and budgeting (FP&A)
- Skills to assess process and internal control weaknesses and identify improvements
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or Google Workspace, particularly Excel / Google Sheets
- Experience with accounting software (Quickbooks, Xero, etc.)
- Track record of leading an accounting and/or finance team
- Ability to own, lead and manage multiple projects requiring frequent communications, organization/time management, and problem-solving
- Excitement around navigating a rapid-growth, rapidly changing, and sometimes ambiguous environment
- Excellent, inclusive communication and interpersonal skills
- Balance of strategic and accounting-led thinking and problem-solving
- You put the team and customers first and design a team and infrastructure built for many years to come
- We are looking for leaders who will help build the team's culture, define best practices and help grow the entire organization
- Proven experience building, developing, mentoring, and inspiring a high-performing professional accounting team
- Previous experience with B2B financing and their ecosystems
- Prior professional experience growing with a private company through multiple rounds of capital raises
What We Offer
- Competitive Compensation: We want you to feel like an owner, which should be reflected in your salary and equity
- Remote-first Company: We do our best work when we're balanced, so every employee gets flexible vacation and working hours
- Top Tier Benefits: Every employee gets access to great Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Mission-first Colleagues: We value a culture of authenticity, humility, and excellence. We want you to leave your thumbprint on our company
1. Transparency & Honesty: We operate with transparency to our customers, investors, and other partners, every step of the way.
2. Dependability: We are dependable. We do what we say we are going to do and we do not cut corners.
3. Partnership: We are partners to our customers, investors, and each other, and work together to solve exciting massive problems.
4. Revolutionary & Boldness: We are revolutionary & bold. We break down barriers and walls to build our own walls in a stronger, safer, and simpler manner.
5. Diversity & Inclusion: We work together with people of all backgrounds and seek different viewpoints to generate stronger partnerships and create a stronger, more inclusive company and world.